Yes, we all hate ingrown hairs, not only are they unattractive but also painful and irritating. Here are 7 quick tips to keep in mind when grooming to reduce the chance of getting ingrown hairs and razor bumps.
- Avoid a close shave. Yes you want a clean shave, but over doing it can result in irritated skin.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth always. Shaving against the grain is begging your skin to be inflamed and irritated.
- Choose a shaving cream or oil that works for your skin type.
- It’s not necessary to shave everyday or every other day for that matter. Shave as necessary and try to avoid over shaving.
- Electric or disposable? Use an electric razor whenever you can. Electric clippers don’t irritate the skin as mush as disposable blades do.
- Don’t keep your razors for too long, they are not heirlooms, well the blades that is. Change your blades frequently.
- Groom with quality products and exfoliate your skin often with an effective exfoliater like Blackmane Skin Cleanser.